You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Smart Album of all Stacks in the Library #1
Jim Pappas's picture
by Jim Pappas
March 24, 2015 - 9:17am

Maybe I am having a senior moment.   How would one create a smart album that contains only photos that are included in stacks?

I want to test to make sure that all of my keywords are applied to all stacks, so starting with a smart album that only contains stacks would be a big help.

/Jim

/Jim Pappas

Jim Pappas's picture
by Jim Pappas
March 25, 2015 - 7:37am

I guess nobody else has any suggestions either.

I did the following:

• Aperture > Preferences > Appearance > Browser Brightness = 100% White
  • Click on “Library Photos”
  • Grid View
  • Command-A to select all photos in the library
  • Aperture > Stacks > Open All Stacks
  • Adjust grid size to minimum, enabling me to see as many thumbnails as possible
  • Slowly scrolled through the library, easily seeing the dark gray stacks against the white background
  • Selected all items in stacks (click on first image, Shift-Click on last image
  • Applied the keyword “Stack Item” (hot keyed to #1 key)
  • Repeat above 3 steps until all stack have keywords 
  • Created a smart album for all photos with the keyword “stack item”
  • Command-A to select all photos with the keyword
  • Aperture > Stacks > Close All Stacks
  • Command-A to select all closed stacks
  • Applied the keyword “Stack Pick”( hot keyed to #2 key)

Now with all stack items having the keyword “Stack Item” and the stack pick of each stack also having the keyword “stack pick”… it will be trivial to recreate my stacks after I migrate to LR

Using my smart album,  I checked each of my stacks to be sure that all of the items had the proper keywords.   As expected, some albums only had the stack pick with keywords applied… because I must have applied keywords to a closed stack.   I fixed the rest of the stack elements so that all have the proper keywords.

It was easier than I suspected it to be.

I hope this helps someone migrating their library to a new program.   I am personally moving to Lightroom.

/Jim

/Jim Pappas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?