You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Slide show playback issues #1
MICHAEL HORVAT's picture
by MICHAEL HORVAT
June 2, 2012 - 1:18am

I created a slide show using A3 for my daughter's class. I understand that there are issues with preview quality and A3 when exporting. I have some suggestions from other people that I need to try when I get home today. The one problem I am having is that when I export to 1080 or 720 the music cuts out and sometimes the slides themselves freeze when I Play back on one of my other macs ( I burned to DVD). When I play on the iMac where it was created, everything is fine. When I export in mpg-4 the music is fine but the pic quality looks terrible. I am looking for some guidance as to how to properly export so that I have a good looking show without sound issues. I am supposed to present the show Wednesday and have 50 copies to distribute to the kids. I am running out of time. Any help greatly appreciated!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 2, 2012 - 6:31pm

Michael,

Check out the tips in this post to see if they help you at all. And please explain what you’re doing to put these on DVD. If you’re just burning the data file than it’s probably too high bandwidth to play off a DVD-ROM. Or are you making an actual DVD video?

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

MICHAEL HORVAT's picture
by MICHAEL HORVAT
June 2, 2012 - 7:52pm

Thanks for the reply Joseph! I am exporting to my desktop and then burning a disk. Must be a data disk. Can I convert easily to an actual DVD movie? I want to be able to distribute this to the children with the hops that they can play it at home. I also don’t want to have to lug my computer to the school in order to play the high res version at their graduation.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 4, 2012 - 6:03pm

Sorry for the delay Michael.

Don’t convert to a video DVD. Those look like crap unless you go BluRAY or HD DVD and that’s way more trouble than it’s worth.

Just include instructions to copy the file from the DVD to the computer for optimal playback. And unless it’s over 640MB file, you can burn to CDs instead and save some money.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?