You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Site Feedback: Search Results #1
BonnieB's picture
by BonnieB
August 9, 2012 - 2:11pm

Some suggestions for improved usability and functionality.

1) Navigation bar at top and bottom of search results: the standard bar with hyperlinks a la

–First page– -back one- | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 … | -forward one- –Last page–

2) Ability to sort by date, reversible

3) Ability to cluster results by thread, so it's not necessary to skim through so many results figuring out which ones you've looked at already because they were part of one discussion

4) Turn the hyperlink color to purple once it's been visited, so it's easier to see which results you've looked at already

Bugs, maybe:
a) Single-word results (e.g. Facebook) display in Bold to make them easier to scan, but words/phrases in quotes (e.g. “Facebook plugins” or “Facebook”) do not display in Bold.
b) Words/phrases in quotes with plural S are doing stemming, regardless of S or not (e.g. results for “Facebook plugin” and “Facebook plugins” are the same)

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 14, 2012 - 2:57am

Bonnie,

I understand and agree, but unfortunately I have near zero control over the search results here. I’m waiting for Squarespace to add the forum modules into their new Squarespace 6 platform, which hopefully will have better search results, but at the moment we’re stuck here :(

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?