You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Selecting photos needing reprocessing #1
Hans Douma's picture
by Hans Douma
July 27, 2014 - 9:49pm

Hi all,

In the past I used iPhoto and since a while I am using Aperture now. From the past there appear to be quite some photos that need to be reprocessed, because the adjustments made in iPhoto are superseded by the image processing capabilities of Aperture. I come across them while browsing the library. What I am looking for is a way to select only those images, that need reprocessing. Is it possible to make such a selection ?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 29, 2014 - 4:50pm

One way, for RAW files is to make a smart album with the search criteria  Adjustments!  At the very bottom on the list  is Raw Decode 1.1, 2.0, 5 etc.  Choose each one separately starting  with the lowest decode (1.0).  Set Adjustment filter to “include”.  This will make a smartAlbum of all older files that need re-processing to current standard.   You could also choose Any Raw Version but I like seeing how many in each version I missed.  Select all in smart album and  go to  Photos…Re-process original.  Cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Hans Douma's picture
by Hans Douma
July 29, 2014 - 6:14pm

Hi David,

Thanks for the suggestion. This is only for RAW files and they all are processed using the newest decode version. The photos I have found manually so far are all JPG and I wonder if there is a way to select those. A “needs reprocessing” in the Adjustments filter category would make sense, I think

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness