You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Save PDF to folder as JPEG option missing #1
James Sanders's picture
by James Sanders
March 21, 2012 - 3:08am

Hi All,

I am just starting to use Aperture have run into a glitch. I have designed a book using a custom theme, and I would like to export all the book pages as JPEGs (or other image file, as long as it is one page per file). When I go to Print and hit the PDF options, there is no 'Save PDF to folder as JPEG'.

Any ideas on how to get this function? I've searched for it as a workflow on my Mac and it does not show up.

Thanks a ton,
James

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 21, 2012 - 4:27am

James,

I have no idea why these are missing from so many peoples’ systems, but you’re not the first to ask.

So, I’ve just added an entry to the FAQ where you can download that and another commonly missing workflow: Workflows “Save PDF to Aperture” & “Save PDF to Folder as JPEG” are missing.

I hope that works for you!

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

James Sanders's picture
by James Sanders
March 21, 2012 - 7:05am

Thank you very much!

Mufti Rachmat's picture
by Mufti Rachmat
April 29, 2012 - 4:08pm

Hi Joseph,

The workflows file doesn’t seem to work on my machine (running Lion OSX 10.7.3). I got these error messages when I open the file with Automator:
- The action “Store Disk Item References” could not be loaded because it could not be located.
- The action “Retrieve Disk Item References” could not be loaded because it could not be located.

Just wondering whether this is only my machine, or applies to all Lion OSX?

Thanks

Mufti

gfsymon's picture
by gfsymon
April 29, 2012 - 5:57pm

Mufti,

those actions should be installed by default in MacOSX. In Automator, if you select the Finder icon in the left column, you will see a list of Finder Actions. Those should be in there. I have vs 2.0 of those Actions.

If you open your workflow in Automator, you may find that some of the Actions in it, are out of date. You can replace these with new ones (just copy their settings) and it should run correctly.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 30, 2012 - 12:09pm

Let me know if that works and I’ll update the ones in the FAQ for download.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Clint E's picture
by Clint E
December 17, 2012 - 10:29am

Joseph,

My aperture was one program that does not contain the option of saving PDF as folder to JPEG option in the print menu. I have downloaded your workflows but they do not install.

I get the error “the behavior of this workflow may have changed because of the reason listed below….
1) The workflow was saved as an older version of the action “render PDF pages as images.” Some behaviour may have changed
2) The workflow was saved with an older version of the action “rename Finder items (make finder items names sequential)
3) The workflow was saved with an older version of the action “Copy Finder items.”

Any recs? Does the workflow need to be updated?

I am running 10.7.5 and have the latest version of aperture.

Best
Clint

Robert Van's picture
by Robert Van
February 27, 2015 - 12:42pm

James,

I have the same problem. I did uprade to Yosemite and :( , big sadness. My photobook can not be exported from last version of Aperture. But, I did research and did download the workflow from your post. I did as you described, managed to change dpi to 300, and all of that, and save all. Reboot system, reopen application, export the book, and nothing. It should go to Desctop but nothing. Any idea? Thank you much!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness