You are here

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Running AppleScript from Aperture #1
Edward Connors's picture
by Edward Connors
December 27, 2011 - 5:15am

I purchased the 4-up Auto Levels & Curves script, and I installed it according to the user guide. However, in order to run the script from Aperture I am lost - I do not see a Script menu from within Aperture - please advise. Thank you.

Ed Connors

Jim Stackhouse's picture
by Jim Stackhouse
December 27, 2011 - 8:37am

The script menu is not in Aperture. If you did the 1st step “Installation:AppleScripts” you should see a new icon in your menu bar - a script icon. After you pick you photo, click on the script icon and select the “4 up; Auto Levels & Curves, RGB & Luminance” from the Aperture folder.
I takes several seconds to execute. Be patient.

Jim

Edward Connors's picture
by Edward Connors
December 27, 2011 - 9:05pm

Jim, thank you for your help. The point that I was missing is that the script menu is visible from the AppleScript menu bar; step 1 in the instructions said to close the AppleScript editor, so I thought that I would not need to open it again. I believe that I’ve “got it”.

Regards,

Ed

Ed Connors

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 29, 2011 - 5:32am

Ed,

Once you’ve enabled “Show Script menu in menu bar” in the Script Editor, you can quit it and never have to re-open it. It shows the script menu in the menu bar, as in the PDF, once you’ve done that. At least it should!

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Edward Connors's picture
by Edward Connors
January 1, 2012 - 2:02am

Joseph, thank you so much for creating wonderful tools and videos which have greatly increased my Aperture knowledge!

For some reason, unless I explicitly open the script within the script editor, I am unable to run it - the script does not show on the AppleScript Editor Script Menu - it runs perfectly once I explicitly open the script.

Ed Connors

Ed Connors

Edward Connors's picture
by Edward Connors
January 1, 2012 - 10:40pm

Joseph and Jim,

Thanks again for your help - I finally noticed the Script icon on my menu bar - sorry, I had been expecting a text menu item labeled “Script”. The icon appears in between other icons (Dropbox and Display) so I hadn’t noticed its’ appearance. It’s all good. Have a Happy New Year.

Ed Connors

Ed Connors

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 3, 2012 - 10:19am

Edward,

So you’re all set now? The script is running correctly from the newly-found Script menu?

@PhotoJoseph

Edward Connors's picture
by Edward Connors
January 3, 2012 - 8:11pm

Joseph,

Yes, everything works perfectly - thanks for being so responsive and for creating great tools; I’ve become a huge fan!

Warmest regards,

Ed Connors

Ed Connors

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
January 4, 2012 - 2:33am

After following the post I decided to buy and try out the scripts. This is real new for me. I’ve never used scripts before, so excuse my ignorance! I’ve opened the script editor, check the box to show in the menu bar (it’s there). I then went to the hard drive/library/scripts and then created an aperture folder as there wasn’t one. I then dragged and dropped the whole 4-up v1.0 script folder into the aperture folder. So now when I go into Aperture and select a photo, click on the script icon in the menu bar, all the happens is the Apple Script Editor opens up. I don’t see any options for adjustments. I think something went wrong with coping the scripts into the aperture folder. Ok, what did I do wrong?? Thanks

Bob

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 4, 2012 - 6:27am

Bob,

I think it’s just that you copied the folder, and not the contents, into the scripts.

Oh… and it’s supposed to be in ~/library/scripts not root/library/scripts (~ means home folder).

It should look like this when you click on the script menu: [screenshot]

@PhotoJoseph

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
January 4, 2012 - 7:42am

Hi There Joseph,
My screen looks just like your screenshot. So how do I copy the contents? Sorry, I said this was new to me!

Bob

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
January 4, 2012 - 8:37am

Ok, I got it!! Making way harder then it has to be!! Works fine.

Bob

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 4, 2012 - 11:06am

Bob,

;-)

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?