You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Requests #1
Rafael - MyDarkroom.ca's picture
by Rafael - MyDarkroom.ca
November 14, 2013 - 4:09pm

Joseph,

The new design looks great. Have tested on my mac and now on an iPad Mini. Will be testing on iPhone and PC today.

Two requests:

1- I wonder about separating News from Tips. On the news category, RAW updates, seminars, workshops, new versions of plugins, etc.. While on the Tips side it would be something more technical (like so many you already have on the site). Tagging would be helpful to find the tips (workflow, importing, editing, plugins, etc).

2- Forum - I was wondering if dividing sections would be helpful in the organization. First tab related to Aperture itself, second related to  support (apple scripts, aperture inspector, plug ins, store). On the aperture tab, perhaps some subforums: workflow, editing, printing, 3rd party plug ins.

thx

rafael

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 15, 2013 - 12:03am

Rafael,

Tagging is a really big deal and we are integrating an automated discovery system for this. It'll evolve over time. I don't want to have tips and news be separate pages, but you will easily be able to find them. Unfortunately we have to go back to update old data, but new data will have keywords nearly automatically applied.

Forums; there already are categories. I know “user support” is quite generic but that's all Aperture questions or things that don't fall into the other categories (like AppleScript or Presets) that are already there.

I think the more granular you try to make the forums, the more likely people will post in the wrong one, then it all becomes moot.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness