You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Relocate Masters - Changed Names #1
Ken Strachan's picture
by Ken Strachan
January 2, 2013 - 1:07am

My external harddrive with referenced masters was acting a little odd. To be safe, I copied all of the referenced masters to a new external drive. At the same time, I was installing Aperture and my library (from a vault) on my new computer (Whoot!).

I'm having trouble locating the referenced masters. It appears that the file names are different than the version names (I must have changed the names when I originally relocated them out onto the first drive). When I migrate to a given file to reconnect it, the reconnect button remains grayed out as does the reconnect all button.

I tried pressing Option to force a reconnect, and it did not do anything.

Does anyone know a way to deal with this?

Thanks for any help.

Ken

Graeme McNaull's picture
by Graeme McNaull
January 5, 2013 - 1:46am

Hi Ken,

I am also having similar issue but can find the located image - the reconnect button is greyed out. I think it is due to the file name being appended with “File Name (1)” or “File Name (2)”. I know this is the right file, so I am puzzled why i cannot force it to reconnect.

Any help from the forum would be gratefully appreciated!

Cheers,

Graeme

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 11, 2013 - 11:50pm

Ken, did you ever resolve this?

Graeme, did you try holding down option key, which in your case probably would force the reconnect?

There’s a new post on the front page “Forcing Aperture to Locate Referenced Files” that may provide more insight.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness