You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Referenced Library, 15GB?? #1
Florian Simmendinger's picture
by Florian Simmendinger
October 16, 2012 - 10:44pm

Hey,

I did a quick search but I couldnt find the answer in the archives.
I just moved from managed to referenced library. I deleted all the previews as found in an article on this homepage. Unfortunately my library is still 15GB in size, although it was like 80 when it was managed.

Im not sure what causes this. There are about 9000 referenced pictures in it with no previews, so what causes the big size? Is there a way to shrink it down even further?

Thank you very much!

Florian

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
October 17, 2012 - 1:37am

Florian,

Aperture also keeps thumbnails for each image in the library. Unfortunately those thumbnails got bigger to support the Retina Macbook Pro when it was introduced several months ago. You cannot delete the thumbnails. They are required for Aperture to function at all.

If you sync your images to an iOS device, additional thumbnails are created for that. Those used to be stored inside the Aperture library package. I haven’t checked lately to see if that is still the case. In the past you had to delete those manually from inside the library package to recover space. If you haven’t synced with an iOS device then don’t worry about this.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?