You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Re-importing EXIF create date #1
Peter Torngaard's picture
by Peter Torngaard
August 2, 2011 - 9:49am

Been on a long trip and forgot to change the time settings on the camera when walking out of the plane several times. Now I'm having a large part of my pictures in aperture with wrong time stamps.

I'w so far done a trial of batch editing the date with the correct offset using exiftool but I'm unable to somehow get my aperture 2.1.4 to understand that it should use the new EXIF data from the image and not what it has in the database.

I'm working on a very large library where all image files are referenced as externals, may of the files have already been tagged with multiple tags - so blowing away the library to start over again is kind of heartbreaking.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 11, 2011 - 11:15am

Peter,

Sorry I missed this one…

Aperture 3 has a command Metadata > Update From Master that would re-read the EXIF data from the file you have updated. I realize you’re using Aperture 2 still, and I don’t recall if that was a new feature in v3 or not — but I don’t believe it was.

Look for that menu item.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Peter Torngaard's picture
by Peter Torngaard
August 11, 2011 - 4:12pm

Hi Joseph,

thanks for your reply - I did realize after seeking high and low that Aperture 2.1.4 even when having the feature did not behave as it should. End result was that I updated to Aperture 3 and are now enjoying all the new features. This way I can also follow your videos and tips.

Thanks for a great service :-)

Peter

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 11, 2011 - 11:34pm

Peter,

Aha, great to hear. I was going to ask why you hadn’t upgraded, but I usually find that it’s due to hardware limitations and to upgrade would require hardware upgrades too, so I stopped asking people :)

Welcome to Aperture 3! It’s a big upgrade, you’ll enjoy it!

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?