You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Raw + Jpeg workflow #1
phil.carter2317@icloud.com's picture
by phil.carter2317@icloud.com
January 3, 2015 - 1:24am

Having just purchased a Fuji XT-1 I find I’m loving the jpegs with the various ”films” it offers.I find myself now shooting Raw+jpeg. I would  like to keep only certain good shots as Raws to play around with.My problem is coming up with a satisfactory import workflow. 

The best I have found is 1) Import Jpegs only. 2) Filter for the good ones. 3) Go back and import the matching raws. This works however I have found that I lose the ability to “rename files” on import.

I’d be interested to learn what others are doing and if there is a better way. I would really like to keep my rename files on import ability.

Phil

January 3, 2015 - 2:25am

Another question while I have you. Does anybody know how to get the “film” style jpeg used info to show up in Aperture? That is, tell me if Velvia or Classic Chrome for example is the style used.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
January 3, 2015 - 11:55pm

If you want to be able to delete either the RAW or JPEG file from a RAW+JPEG Pair, you need to import using the “Both (Separate Originals)” import setting. If you use either of the other two “Both…” settings the RAW+JPEG files are forever married together, you can only see one at a time and you can only delete both files together, never just the RAW or JPEG file separately. With the Separate Originals setting you can use Stacks to keep the pairs together which allows you to access both files separately.

Thomas

January 6, 2015 - 1:27am

Thank you Thomas for your response. I really thought there would be a lot of shooters interested in this. Guess they’ve all gone to Lightroom.

I get around the “married” files by making a duplicate then use it as my RAW original.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness