You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Program and Library inconsistent #1
Nancy Paynter's picture
by Nancy Paynter
January 28, 2013 - 11:53pm

For example:I look under a project in the program and it shows 97 images (no rejected images and no images in the aperture trash) The same folder in the library shows 179.

I posted a couple weeks ago (without any responses) that files were deleting in the program but not the library. I discovered this after probably deleting a couple thousand images and not seeing the library size go down. And I don't know when it really started.

The problem was only on the drive my library was on. The program behaved normally on the main drive in my computer as well as an external drive.

So after doing all the normal troubleshooting things and finding no solution, I reformatted the drive, reimported the library and it's working as expected. Deleted files show up in my computer trash can.

Except for one thing. All those thousands of deleted images are still in the library, but they don't show up in the program! I did the permissions, repair, rebuild thing with no success.

How do I get the program and the library to show the same thing?

I saved the library out to a vault thinking that may be a way to bypass it but the vault is approximately the same size as the library.

Nancy Paynter's picture
by Nancy Paynter
January 29, 2013 - 12:32pm

Problem solved!

I did the steps above but it didn’t seem to make a difference, and then I went searching through my aperture program for projects that I could really test the consistency with. It was then I discovered 2 folders called “recovered images”.

It didn’t occur to me that aperture would put the images that were deleted back into the program but in separate folders called “recovered images” that are placed alphabetically along with my many many other folders. In the library they are in the same folder as the other images from that day. But in the program they are in a folder separate from the project. So of course the number of images in the project and the library would be different. I think there should be some dialogue or warning box that let’s you know it’s doing that.

I deleted those 2 folders and now my library is 40% lighter and consistent with the program! Yeah!

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
January 29, 2013 - 12:23am

Hi Nancy
Im a little confused but let me ask if dumped the AP cache and plist files along with the PRR fix (permissions, Repair, rebuild)??? Getting back to my confusion … is your lib referenced or managed? Im really hoping someone else pick up on this. I guess Id would try the above and then do the PRR fix again. Signed confused

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Nancy Paynter's picture
by Nancy Paynter
January 29, 2013 - 2:32am

thanks for the reply.
I did the cache and plist then PRR fix prior to reformatting the drive, but I admit that I skipped deleting the cache and plist after copying the library back to the drive. I did do the PRR though.

I will do all those steps tonight when I get home and report back.

And the library is managed.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?