You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Processing going on for many hours after Relocating some Originals #1
Debbie's picture
by Debbie
April 12, 2015 - 10:36pm

Hi! Does anyone know if it’s normal for the processing to continue for many hours (overnight and still going halfway through the day)? I was in the middle of relocating the originals of my whole Aperture Library last night when I began to encounter many errors with individual images forcing me to cancel the relocation before it was even halfway through my Library. But, since canceling Aperture has been processing continuously and I don’t know if it’s just hung up or if it’s actually processing everything that did get moved so far. I’m tired of waiting for it to finish as I want to get in there and see if I can relocate the rest of my images. I tried bringing up the Force Quit menu but Aperture didn’t say “not responding”, so I didn’t force quit. Can I close the Library and start over? Should it be taking this long? It’s probably about 50,000 images or less out of 142,000 that have been moved so far. I’m moving to a Hitachi EHD that’s formatted the same as my iMac’s drive.

About the error messages I was getting… each one was different but it was image after image after image so I couldn’t keep going. One of them said: “Error while relocating (“2013-04-28_3180_iPhone5.JPG” couldn’t be moved to “2013-04 | April”.) “(null)” In other cases it was about not being able to create a folder, or something like that. There were many errors and it seemed it was either with iPhone photos or scanned photos as far as I can tell. Does anyone know why I’m getting these errors and how I can resolve this?

Sorry this post turned into two questions. Hope someone has some answers for me. TIA!

~Debbie

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
April 13, 2015 - 2:26am

Update:

I finally closed Aperture to stop the processing. It had to be hung up after that long.

I’m so frustrated that out of 142,000 images (375 RAW, the rest jpgs from iPhone or P&S camera or scans) only 59,000 relocated the originals. I have 82,000 images that are still managed because they’re all giving me error messages when trying to relocate them to an EHD.

When I was unable to relocate the rest I decided to give up and consolidate the ones that had relocated back into Aperture so the whole library would be managed again, but I’m now getting error messages trying to consolidate. The originals won’t move back. Same kind of error messages. Could this be an EHD issue? I haven’t used this EHD for anything but Vault backups which I erased in Disk Utility before using it for these originals. I made sure it was formatted correctly too. I don’t know what else could be wrong.

It’s a bummer that there’s very little help here anymore for Aperture users because I really need help. ;-)

~Debbie

Robin Clark's picture
by Robin Clark
April 13, 2015 - 8:09pm

I’m sorry Debbie but I’ve never tried that so I can’t help. Hopefully someone out there can
Robin

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?