You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problems with initial install #1
Amos's picture
by Amos
September 6, 2014 - 2:21pm

Hello, would be v grateful for any tips.  I have yesterday installed Aperture via the app store onto iMac running OS X 10.9.4. On installation it offered me the choice between create new library and merge.  Possibly wrongly, I chose create new, and then clicked on “import library/iPhoto library”. It started to merge and then froze. I then force quit, uninstalled and reinstalled (having used Mackeeper to clean up post uninstall remnants). On reinstallation, wasn’t given the same option re create new library, and on opening Aperture, it became clear that some information HAD been imported from iPhoto, but only about 20%. On trying again, the same freezing thing happened. I have repeated the uninstall/reinstall process several times with no further progress. I am baffled, not least because the skeleton info seems to stay there even after uninstall/reinstall, and obviously even more frustrated that I can’t get the software to work.

I am almost certainly being dense, but if anyone can help I would be very grateful. 

Best wishes

Amos

Amos

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
September 15, 2014 - 12:17am

Hi Amos

Not quite sure what you are trying to do. You can simply open your iPhoto library with Aperture, no need to import it.

d.

Amos's picture
by Amos
September 16, 2014 - 2:16pm

Thank you, it wasn’t allowing me to do that when I posted that question; having not opened the application since, I just went back to it after your kind response, and it it now accessing all my photos with no problem (if slowly). Confused!

Many thanks

Amos

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?