You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problems Exporting #1
tommie milacci's picture
by tommie milacci
November 9, 2012 - 11:05pm

This just started yesterday, after installing the update. When I choose a destination, then create a new folder, it doesn't put the new folder (and the photos I want in there) in the specified main folder. Specifically, I want to export photos to my external hard drive, creating new sub-folders within designated main folders. I've been doing this for years, then suddenly now it will not do that. It just places the new folder I created in the external hard drive as a new main folder. It's also doing this when I try to export to anything on my desktop. Very annoying, and causing several extra steps in my already crowded workflow. Thanks in advance for any help/solution/thoughts on the subject!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 14, 2012 - 1:42pm

Tommie,

I’m not sure I follow… where is the folder and files being created, if not where you tell it to? Also is it creating the folder then putting the images next to it instead of inside of it?

I just tested and I could export and have Aperture create folders (and put the images inside it) as expected. It sorta sounds like a disk permissions issue. Does this happen on any drive you export to? Have you tried doing this to another hard drive?

See if you can explain more of what’s happening, but in the meantime run Disk Utility permissions repair on the hard drive.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness