You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
problems with exporting masters (originals) #1
Jennifer Wolf's picture
by Jennifer Wolf
October 31, 2012 - 1:59am

I started a project to export all my master images to an external drive for added backup of my images. I use smart albums to select a month and year to do 1 at a time. Today my export quit part way through. I then had to go through the corrupt library restore and try again. It has quit 3 times now. I tried to export only a few images and that didn't work. Anyone else have this problem?
I'm using aperture 3.4.1 and OS 10.7.5

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 31, 2012 - 2:34am

Jennifer,

Which repair routines have you run… there’s permissions, repair and rebuild. If you haven’t tried them all, I’d do the permissions first as that’s quite quick, then assuming it’s the repair you’ve been doing, it’s time to move to rebuild (which will take longer). You can read more about it in the FAQ.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Jennifer Wolf's picture
by Jennifer Wolf
October 31, 2012 - 8:54am

I ran the repair option which came up when re-launching after the program quit.
I discovered that it was only certain images that caused the problem and they were duplicates and the path location in the metadata did not make sense, I could not find them in my library structure, they only came up with the smart album I had created.
I’m wondering if it is some artifact created by my re-organizing my folder and project file structure.
I will run the permissions as you suggest, thanks for your quick response.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 31, 2012 - 11:00am

Jennifer,

Hm, which repair are you talking about. Did you see this repair dialog: [screenshot] or this one: [screenshot]?

If the first, then you need to look at this article.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Jennifer Wolf's picture
by Jennifer Wolf
November 2, 2012 - 4:50am

I saw the repair dialog matching the first screenshot in your reply. I have since run the repair from the dialog that matches the second screen shot.
I do have my library on an external drive, it is too large for my internal at this point. As I mentioned the crashing problem seemed to be tied to certain images only and they existed in 2 different places for some reason I can only assume from my re-organization of my folders and projects. By tracking down the duplicates using a smart album I was able to export the master images for all of them and I am deleting the images that caused the crashes.
thanks again for your help.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?