You are here

1 post / 0 new
Problem with videos in Aperture #1
Aris's picture
by Aris
October 25, 2014 - 11:10am

Hi, for some time now, maybe 9 months or so, I have noticed my Aperture set up on my Macbook Pro, corrupting the various short videos either already in it or uploaded, be it from my Panasonic LX-7 camera or my iPhone 5 ..

This is affecting my plethora of videos I used to save in Aperture, side by side with my pictures, the latter always being and behaving perfectly.

Not sure I can post a picture here, but the previews of these videos look corrupt, some just blank and some with the original preview pic with ‘snow’ (!!) as we remember from the analogue TV times. Almost all refuse to play with very - very few exceptions.

What more, every time I open Aperture, the application is bogged down for up to a couple of minutes or so as Aperture seems to be ‘reprocessing’ these existing videos to produce previews. Scariest of all, I no longer seem to be able to export these videos, the export function for the selected video fails .. 

Before all this, Aperture used to be very happy indeed with all my short videos, side by side with my pics. Also all else with Aperture seems to be fine.

BW, only yesterday I migrated my Macbook Pro & Aperture to Yosemite and (of course) the problem persists ..

Anyone has an idea on what might be the problem?

Thanks!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?