You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problem Using a Live Training Video on an iPad 3 #1
John Craven's picture
by John Craven
May 1, 2012 - 4:58am

I have purchased many of the Live Training Videos over the last while, i currently have videos 1 to 15. I have installed all of them on an iPad 3 and they work fine except # 5. For # 5 I have tried everything I can think of. It is in my iTunes library and I can watch it but when ever I complete a sync I get an error message that says it was not installed because it is not compatible with the iPad. This morning I installed a video conversion app and tried that but it still won't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
May 1, 2012 - 10:44am

You can fix any video that has that issue by selecting it in iTunes and choosing Advanced->Create iPad or Apple TV Version. It will re-encode a new copy of the video that will work on the iPad.

I sort of recall having this issue a while back with a video or two (or I’m confusing it with Digital Photography One on One by AdoramaTV which had the same issue). That particular live video must have slipped through the cracks.

Thomas

John Craven's picture
by John Craven
May 1, 2012 - 11:43am

Thanks for the reply Thomas, I had already tried your suggestion but it didn’t work either. I tried deleting the file from iTunes then bringing it back in and doing the procedure you suggest. I can always watch it on my iMac, I just like having them on the iPad so I can review them whenever I have an opportunity. I just don’t understand what it is with this one file that is so difficult.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 2, 2012 - 3:09am

John,

I replaced Live Training 005 on the servers a while ago because the video did have a problem going to iPad, as you’ve noticed. I just reactivated your purchase so you can re-download the new file, which should sync just fine.

Check your email for the download links.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness