You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problem with Places #1
Jens Bindlov's picture
by Jens Bindlov
August 6, 2012 - 6:43pm

Hi, I'm trying to assign location x to some of my photos, but the in that spot there's already a location y, which I havn't created so I can delete it. Even though I right click and create and new place for my photos, Aperture chooses location y.

Can anybody tell me how to get rid of location y, or at least let me use location x?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 14, 2012 - 2:35am

Jens,

Make a custom place under Metadata > Manage my Places. I think whatever you create there will override what is in Aperture’s database.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 8, 2012 - 7:16am

Jens,

When you say LOCATION, do you mean PLACE? There are fixed LOCATIONS like “Paris, France” and fixed PLACES like “Eiffel Tower”, and you can createcustom PLACES like “My house” or “Summer cabin”.

Normally if you drag a photo into a spot on the map, it will take all available location data from the bottom up, so if it has a PLACE it will grab that, but if not, it starts at the CITY level (levels being COUNTRY > STATE/PROVINCE > CITY > PLACE).

Or perhaps you’re trying to assign a different PLACE name to an existing PLACE, such as you want to put “favorite spot” where it’s already tagged “Eiffel Tower”?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Jens Bindlov's picture
by Jens Bindlov
August 8, 2012 - 4:57pm

I’m trying to drag a bunch of pictures to a park in Denmark - Jesperhus Blomsterpark (in Danish) but when I drop them Aperture names them Jesperhus Flowerpark (the English name for the park) and this is where I would like to have it in Danish.

Is there any way I can overrule Aperture on this?

It’s not that big a deal, but it annoys me that Aperture won’t let me decide the name of the location.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness