You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problem to import Nikon files in Maverick #1
Francois Arbour's picture
by Francois Arbour
November 9, 2013 - 11:28am

Since I upgraded to Maverick and Aperture 3.5, I can't import my photos in Aperture.
It works fine with Photo Mechanic, Nikon view NX, Nikon Capture NX and Lightromm 4.0.
When I tried to import my photos in Aperture, I see the D600 icon the import pane but no photos sows up in the photo window. What's going one… Anyone has experienced that problem.

Thanks

by Francois Arbour
November 10, 2013 - 8:13am

Hi,

Gary, I did choose Aperture at “when a camera is connected open” but is still the same behavior, no photo. I did a test on a iMac with the previous OS X 10.8… and my photos appeared.

Walter, I have the latest update installed.

Thanks for your reply

Carl Brauer's picture
by Carl Brauer
November 10, 2013 - 10:15am

Francois,

I have had a similar situation when I try to import directly from an SD or CF card. The images on the card do not appear in the viewer. What I have to do is change from the card to my iMac as the import source and then back to the card. Then the images will appear in the viewer, and I can proceed with the import.

Carl

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
November 10, 2013 - 1:06pm

Do you have the File Types “Exclude Photos” option checked in the import window?

Thomas

MiniD3's picture
by MiniD3
November 9, 2013 - 1:21pm

Hi There,
FWIW, I also upgraded to Maverick and Aperture 3.5
Just did a test, all good here

The only thing I can think of is I opened the preferences in Aperture,
Clicked on the import option and there was an option,
“when a camera is connected open”
I would make sure this is Aperture just in case it is still sitting on one of the old applications
…..Gary

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
November 9, 2013 - 1:40pm

Have you run Software Update since your Mavericks upgrade? Mavericks installs Digital Camera Raw 4.0.8. You may need 4.0.9 for the D600?

by Francois Arbour
November 11, 2013 - 8:42am

I found my problem. I recently had my device by Nikon and they reset the camera. I did not notice that I was shooting in jpg. I always shoot in Raw., so when I tried to import my photos, the “Raw files only” was selected in the import settings. That’s why I could not see my photos in the viewer. I should know better!!!

Thanks for the help anyway

MiniD3's picture
by MiniD3
November 11, 2013 - 10:38am

Great news, I should have thought of that earlier,
I’m getting old I guess!
The same thing happened to me when I must have inadvertently clicked jpeg only
Sorry I didn’t think of that earlier
Hope you have a smooth run from now on

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?