You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Printing a Book to Jpeg #1
Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
January 25, 2013 - 5:23am

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to print out a photobook to jpeg to upload to my site for an approval, I am using a wordpress plugin called flipper to display it. Unfortunately it will not let me upload single image to the left and one to the right of the book, it will only let me upload a single image… so it needs to be the left and right joined in to 1 complete image

I have several pages that are 1-up Spread (spread across 2 pages).

When I go to print and then send to jpeg, the pages are split in to 2 and I then have to go in to Photoshop to bring them together. I am half way through this process and it is just getting tedious having to do this to every single 1-up Spread page.

I have tried to change the Presets in the Print book but it will not let me, I do not know if this is due to the fact I do not have a printer attached. I can see the option 'Layout > Pages Per Sheet = 1' I think I need to change this to 2. I am assuming I can not do this without a physical printer attached?

Any ideas on how I can achieve a 1-up Spread page being saved to 1 single jpeg image instead of a single left and a single right jpeg?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Chris

Steve Jackson's picture
by Steve Jackson
January 29, 2013 - 8:15pm

So
1. Use ‘Print’ button (no printer attached - I want a PDF).
2. To get left and right page to line up, do pages from 2 to 99 only.
3. Select ‘Layout’, and 2 Pages per Sheet.
4. Paper size ‘Super B/A3’ (330 x 483 mm) seems to allow both pages of XL book (13” x 10”) to be shown without scaling, but with a lot of white space above.

Is this what you guys did? I cannot get a printout using a custom page that shows the 2 pages side by side WITHOUT heaps of white space above?

Cheers

Steve

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
January 30, 2013 - 9:02am

So far I am using custom size. 660.4 x 254 with non-printable area set to 0mm all the way around.

The issue I then have is that there is still blank space all the way around the dual page layout and the second page gets re-printed on to its own page right after the dual layout (if that makes sense)

so every other jpeg gets deleted and then I go in to Photoshop and re-size the canvas down to the correct size.

I have not found the absolute optimum way to produce the double page spread jpeg output just yet.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
February 1, 2013 - 1:02am

When I tested this, I didn’t start at page 2. I started at page 1 (Cover) and Aperture knew to put page one on half of the first page of the PDF and then page 2 and 3 were on the 2nd sheet of the PDF.

Thomas

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
January 25, 2013 - 3:14pm

I just tried it and was able to do it. You are correct that you change the Layout pages per sheet to 2. You also need a custom paper size that matches double the size of your book page.

I’m not sure about the printer being attached. I have one attached but it is off and still works. Do you at least have a default printer selected in the printer system preference. That may be the requirement.

Thomas

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
January 26, 2013 - 5:36am

That was the issue, the paper size was just out and not allowing both images to be presented on the one page.

I was sure I had checked that. Thanks for your help, it makes life so much easier just to be able to save it as one image instead of having to re-join them in photoshop.

Cheers,

Chris

Anonymous's picture
by Anonymous
May 20, 2013 - 4:29pm

Among all the detecting activities, gold metal detecting is the most interesting one. It can not only relax both your body and mind , but also give you a big fortune if you are lucky enough.Next time if you feel bored, you can pick up a gold detector and have a try.
http://www.detectorall.com/categories/Metal-Detectors/

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness