You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Print book title #1
larry temins's picture
by larry temins
July 21, 2012 - 9:49am

The title I used on the cover page correctly gets carried over to the spine of the dust jacket but is truncated on the spine of the book itself. A bug or have I done something incorrectly?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 24, 2012 - 8:34am

Larry,

Sounds like a bug. Can you shorten the title so that it doesn’t truncate? And where are you seeing this… hopefully not just in a final printed book (although I can’t think of where you’d see this in the layout…)

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

larry temins's picture
by larry temins
July 24, 2012 - 11:53pm

Joseph thanks for the response.

My eagle eyed wife spotted it when we received the printed book. I then went back and checked the preview and same thing - full title on the dust jacket but only partial on the actual book. I missed it when I proofed the book on-line before ordering.
the title is on two lines ( 9 characters on 1st line and 11 on the second) and only the first line is on the hard cover spline whereas both lines are on the dust jacket.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 25, 2012 - 4:03am

Larry,

Thanks for letting me know. So it’s when you order and have the PDF proof that you can see this, good to know.

It’s worth trying to ask Apple for a reprint. Take some photos of it so they see it.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness