You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Plugins changing my Metadata when finished. #1
James Thomas's picture
by James Thomas
January 18, 2013 - 10:56pm

Hi there, I've searched far and wide and can't seem to find anything.

When I edit a photo with a plugin, the new edited file shows up in the library but the IPTC metadata fields Creator and Copyright Notice get changed (to my nickname and a website I used to have respectively). The rest of the metadata stays the same. This information must be coming from somewhere, I must have typed it in someplace, but I can't figure out how to get rid of this behavior. It's not coming from my Contacts app. I have tried removing IPTC from Export in the preferences as well.

I am using NIK plugins mostly but I tried a different plugin as well to make sure it was happening during Aperture's reimporting (or exporting) of the tiff.

Anyway, if anyone could shed any light on this annoying little issue I would be so grateful. Thank you!

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
January 19, 2013 - 2:26pm

I just checked my system and it is doing something similar with HDR Efex Pro 2. The Creator is not changing. But the Copyright is changing from “© 2011 Thomas Emmerich” to “2011 All Rights Reserved”. Can’t figure out where that is coming from.

I looked at some HDRs I did in 2011 with the same group of images and the copyright matches between the source and final HDR. So whatever it is, it happened more recently.

Thomas

James Thomas's picture
by James Thomas
January 20, 2013 - 9:17pm

Thanks for looking into it. So weird, I am curious where the new data is coming from.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness