You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Photoshop TIFF #1
Jennifer Zeller's picture
by Jennifer Zeller
January 27, 2013 - 11:39pm

I just recently updated to the new aperture on my MacBook and new iMac. I've installed photoshop and have continued to edit as I did previously on my MacBook- send the photo to Photoshop via Aperture's external “default” photo editor, make my changes, and send it back via “save”. The problem I ran into, was that when I went to upload my PS Edited Photos to my online Smugmug Gallery, it said that the files weren't compatible because Photoshop is saving them as .TIFF files. How do I fix this, short of exporting every single photo I want (sometimes there's 100s for basketball games etc) to a folder and uploading from there? I don't think I can turn off .TIFF and frankly I'm not sure it's a PS issue. I think it's the new version of Aperture.

Thanks for your help. Jenn

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
January 28, 2013 - 3:00am

When Aperture sends an image to an external editor you can send it either as PSD or as TIFF. You can choose which one in Aperture’s Preferences under the Export tab. What format are you expecting to use to send to SmugMug? If you intend to upload JPG files then you will have to export from Aperture in JPG format.

Is there a reason you are editing your images in Photoshop vs Aperture?

Jennifer Zeller's picture
by Jennifer Zeller
January 28, 2013 - 3:39am

In the old version of aperture, I could simply go to smugmug, choose the files I wanted, and they exported as Jpegs, saving me the step of exporting them and then uploading. This version doesn’t seem to work that way. I installed the SmuginPro plug in and and that fixed it. Smugmug only accepts JPEGs as I far as I know.

As for why I’m editing in PS, there’s countless reasons to do so - resizing for a particular custom wrapped canvas for the printer, adding different textures, presets (and I do use aperture for many of these things), but at the moment for a B/W PS class I’m taking.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness