You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Photos won't import after upgrading software #1
Katie S.'s picture
by Katie S.
September 23, 2014 - 2:16am

My photos will not import.  When I insert an SD card it shows up in my Import window but I get a box that says “loading Assets for Import View” but my photos never show up.  I’ve tried different cards and connecting my camera directly.  I get the same message and photos never showing up to import.  I’ve checked my import preferences and everything looks okay.  The only thing I’ve done is I was going through some Lynda.com tutorials on Aperture.  I’ve could have turned made i change and not realized it and last night I did the update on my computer for camera raw.  This is so frustrating!  My photos are there.  I’m looking at them on my camera.

Katie S.

Jim Burgess's picture
by Jim Burgess
September 23, 2014 - 2:18pm

Try this…Check that the setting for “RAW+JPEG Pairs” under “Import Settings” is set to match the images on your card. For example, if it is set to “JPEG files only” but there’s only RAW images on the card you will experience the behavior you describe.

Katie S.'s picture
by Katie S.
September 23, 2014 - 2:59pm

Jim, you are so great at helping me out.  I really appreciate it.  I did have Jpeg files checked and i was importing Raw.  I also noticed that I had “exclude photos” under file types checked.  I knew it had to be something I had done.  About the time I figure all this Aperture stuff out, I’ll be switching to Photos I guess :).  Thanks again!

Katie S.

Richard Wright's picture
by Richard Wright
February 21, 2015 - 12:12am

I have had a similar problem today, in that I can only see 7, and sometimes 15 images or 68 at time. I thought at first it was a card issue. I can load the seven, delete, then another 7, and so on.

I have verified permission in Aperture and on my Mac. Restarted several times, Emptied trash etc. Still no luck.  Ideas?

Richard

Richard

Katie S.'s picture
by Katie S.
February 21, 2015 - 1:29am

Richard,

After upgrading to Yosemite I had to start plugging my Canon directly into the computer and uploading that way.  My card reader would no longer work.  I would get “Loading Assets” and it never would finish.  Using the cord is my only way of doing it now.

Katie S.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness