You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Photos missing #1
IanC's picture
by IanC
April 1, 2012 - 2:16pm

Aperture went into a a oops we've detected a problem mode and kicked right into a self repair thing. I believe it auto repaired it's database. When it finished I now see over 1000 photos that have a yellow curved arrow and are indicated as missing. I right clicked on my library in the finder and showed package contents and then ran a file name search and sure enough the photos are still there… Aperture thinks they are not. I don't know how to reconnect. I remember Aperture 2 had a “reconnect missing files” link in the files menu. I'm not seeing that link anymore. I tried rebuilding the library using command option/ rebuild database and no luck. Thanks for your thoughts.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 2, 2012 - 2:44am

IanC,

Are you mostly running a managed or a referenced library?

I’m assuming managed, since you found missing masters inside the package, but it’s certainly unusual to have links to files in the Package get broken links.

Regardless, I’d suggest that you manually move those files out of the package (actually, to be super safe, option-drag them so you create duplicates), then you should be able to utilize the reconnect feature you mentioned to reconnect to the files in the Finder. If you do want to work managed, then once connected just use the command “consolidate masters” to pull them back into the library.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

IanC's picture
by IanC
April 6, 2012 - 10:41am

Thank you for your reply Joseph. I have over 1000 images showing up missing so this will take some time searching one by one inside the aperture library file. Do you know if there is a way to force the re-indexing of the database? The files are where they belong inside the .aplibrary file. I’m wondering if there is a file that i can remove inside the .aplibrary that would force a re-indexing?

thanks i do have a vault i can restore but would want to do that only at last option.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 6, 2012 - 11:03am

IanC,

Yep, you can repair and even rebuild the database manually. Read up on that in the FAQ (look for “how do I repair or rebuild…”)

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?