You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Photographs not displaying properly in Browser - OK in full screen #1
David Crain's picture
by David Crain
February 6, 2013 - 12:44pm

This weird display bug started happening to me last night. This only happens in the Browser view, not in full screen. I searched Apple Support Forums and found a handful of users experiencing the same thing, but no one has a working answer, everybody appears to just give up and say they are “moving to Lightroom” but I really like Aperture and have been a user for years with no problems.

I am running Aperture 3.4.3 and found the following problems:

1. In Browser view, some rows of photographs are missing, and every time the mouse scrolls up/down, the missing rows blink and change.

2. In the main window of the browser, the photo is not displayed in the middle of the window, it bleeds off the edge of the window.

3. I cannot import any images, when I connect the media, the images are not fully displayed and there is no import button.

When I switch to Full Screen, everything displays fine. But I'm dead in the water since I cannot import anything.

I've tried:
1. Trashing the prefs files and reinstalling Aperture several times.
2. Rebuilding the library, fixing the permissions, etc.
3. Shit - I even reinstalled OSX! The problem still persists.
Am I missing some preference? I trashed the prefs that are in Library:Application Support:Aperture

I dont' know what else to do other than reformat my hard drive and start from scratch (that seems a little dramatic). I'm hoping for answers. Thanks.

David Crain's picture
by David Crain
February 6, 2013 - 12:51pm

Ok - I fixed it. I didn’t trash the plist pref files. I found them, trashed them, restarted Aperture and all is fine.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness