You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Photographers' Cloud? #1
Bob Rockefeller's picture
by Bob Rockefeller
May 13, 2013 - 1:22am

I would have thought that Adobe's Creative Cloud announcements would have caused some renewed interest in Aperture. I guess it is not generally assumed that Lightroom is likely to follow Photoshop into the subscription-only cloud one day. But that's my bet: a photographers' cloud with Photoshop, Lightroom, Lightroom iOS and Revel. And then a subscription-only photographers's cloud.

Bob
----------
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA
www.bobrockefeller.com

Joe's picture
by Joe
May 13, 2013 - 5:18am

Hi,

Part of the debate for lightroom is postponed. LR5 will be available also outside of the cloud. See here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/05/lightroom-and-the-creati…

J.

Bob Rockefeller's picture
by Bob Rockefeller
May 13, 2013 - 5:54am

Yes. Postponed. I’m not suggesting they’ve made the change already.

But, to me at least, the writing is on the wall. Adobe likes the continuous revenue from a subscription model and will move Lightroom there sooner or later. Not with v5. How about v6? or v5.1?

Bob
----------
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA
www.bobrockefeller.com

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
May 13, 2013 - 8:38am

Exactly Robert …

While they have stated definitively that Lr 5 will not be CC only … they have absolutely given no assurances beyond that. If Adobe sees that a sufficient number of clients will blindly and willingly submit to their will between now and the next round of updates for Lr … at some point they will go the CC route for all their offerings. Something, as a working pro photographer I find very disconcerting.

While I fully expect to pay well for my tools, I absolutely despise being taken for granted and expected to reward vendors or developers who control a virtual monopoly unconditionally in perpetuity. No matter how superior their wares may seem to be or what brand is on the label.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?