You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Photobucket #1
Bill Montgomery's picture
by Bill Montgomery
August 4, 2010 - 1:06am

Has anyone here used Pixelpipe for Aperture to share their photos with services other than Flickr or Facebook? I’ve been using Photobucket for years and don’t want to move that library because I have so many links to the photos I already have in there.

Pixelpipe marketing literature claims:

An export plug-in to upload from Apple’s professional photo workflow manager.

Pixelpipe for Aperture allows you to liberate your media with Pixelpipe and get your photos from Aperture to your favourite social networks, blogs, and photosharing services. With support for over 50 different providers, the choice really is yours.

The following services are supported: Flickr, Facebook, Picasa Web Albums, Friendfeed, Blogger, SmugMug, Wordpress, LiveJournal, Twitter, Kodak, Photobucket, Tumblr, Webshots…and many more!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 4, 2010 - 12:47pm

Bill,

Hadn’t ever heard of it before. I went to their website, and oddly they don’t talk about the Aperture plugin on there at all! I did find links with the same marketing you referenced though.

Odd… anyone out there tried it? If so, post something in the User Tips area!

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Bill Montgomery's picture
by Bill Montgomery
August 5, 2010 - 3:22am

I just searched Pixelpipe’s site for Aperture and found the reason why it is no longer available. Apparently Pixelpipe for Aperture was hanging up when used with A3. Users complained on their forum. PP’s techs eventually discovered incompatibilities between their software and A3 running in 64-bit mode, so they pulled the plug-in from their site until they have the bug(s) fixed.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness