You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Partially complete export to reference: how to undo? #1
Marcus 's picture
by Marcus
February 2, 2014 - 1:11am

I decided to shift my managed library out to referenced status.

Sadly my 1,1 Mac Pro workstation was too slow and after over 24 hours of working on this, it just crashed with the job only partially complete. Thus I have some images which are referenced and some which are not.

I have since changed Macs to a new 27” i7 iMac with 32Gb RAM and started using Lightroom. However I need to continue to run Aperture as a legacy system.

Can I

(a) undo the shift to referenced and replace the files where they were?

(b) restore a NEW library from my last Vault backup so I can check whether the restored library contains all the files or not

(c) any other way to undo this mess?

Scott's picture
by Scott
February 2, 2014 - 10:26am

Consolidate masters should bring them all back in. If you do that then lightroom can’t see your photos if that was your plan.

Marcus 's picture
by Marcus
April 13, 2014 - 1:19am

Sorry for the late reply - life got in the way! Thanks for the answer!

Well, my plan was to allow LR to see them but the partial export seems to have fluffed things up and I am uneasy.

I want to re-import them to the Aperture library and then only export as referenced the projects that I need.

It has been interesting working in two programs which are similar but different. I find the import GUI in LR very annoying for example, but the developing module better. If I could blend them into Light Aperture Room I would be very happy!!

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
April 13, 2014 - 3:02pm

Yes, consolidate the images and you should be sorted!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness