You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Not possible to re-import working copies #1
Martin Albers's picture
by Martin Albers
February 13, 2011 - 1:45am

Hello,

I am experiencing a weird problem in Aperture 3. Exported part of my library as working copies. Forst time I attempted, the export did not succeed and I had to “force quit”, second time no problem. I have been working with the exported library for more than 3 months, now it's time to re-import back into the original library.

Each time I attempt to do import > library and select the library to import, I get an error message saying that “the library I try to import is still currently being exported and export is not finished” and asking me to try again once the export is finished.

Well, the export is more than finished since those 3 months including several shut-downs and starts of the application and the Macbook.

No info on the Apple support site. Anybody has an idea how to tell Aperture that this f… export is finished? Re-install Aperture? Tweak the .plist or other setting files?

I'd appreciate if anybody could help here. thanks very much.

subsea's picture
by subsea
February 13, 2011 - 4:33pm

Well that sounds wired

First start Aperture and try to rebuild aperture library (start with option and Command pressed )

have you used any apps, like Xslimmer to reomve files from you system, i did that and it messed up Apertures a bit.

it sounds to me that your system is having a bad day
first get all the updates .
if that no luck there
Use disk util. to see if you have any problems there

Hope it helps
Henrik

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 14, 2011 - 2:15am

Martin,

What I would recommend is that you open the Library you’re trying to import, and export all of those projects again to the desktop or another drive. This will essentially create a duplicate of your library, but by doing a clean export, I’ve found that can clean up a myriad of problems.

Let me know if that works,
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?