You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
'Not Found' pics in library... #1
Warioda Peeters's picture
by Warioda Peeters
June 1, 2010 - 12:10am

Hello everybody,

Lately I’ve realized a lot of my 8800 pics are just ‘not found’ in my only Aperture Library (I still use Aperture 2) Yeah I know I’m late but I wanna let others have problems with the new versions and also I’m waiting for the Niks software upgrades… But I digress!

Seriously, I dunno what happened and suddenly 9/10 of my library just isn’t found by Aperture. My pics are on an Ext HD 500Gb and only 160GB are used. I actually can see ‘em on Aperture but just cannot work on ‘em. I’ve asked a question earlier yesterday about this and they told me to “File> Locate Referenced Files command and point to existing files” This is ok but what do you do when you have about 8000 pics to go through. There must be a way to gather all of them and reconnect them all…

I cannot comprehend why some of the pics cannot be found and some other can. WARIODA IS GETTING ANGRY! lol

Also, should I create several Aperture Libraries instead of one BIG one? Pros and Cons?

Help me Obi AE Kenobi!!!! lol

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 3, 2010 - 3:17pm

Warioda,

There aren’t too many reasons for Aperture to lose it’s connection to the master files, but if you rename a hard drive or move the files around, then Aperture certainly can lose track. The suggestion I gave you on Twitter which you already found, to use the Locate Referenced Files command, is what you need to do, however there will be a “Connect All” button in there as well as an individual connect button. Assuming the rest of the path hasn’t changed (meaning that the change to all files is the same, i.e. you renamed the HD or moved the entire Masters folder somewhere), Aperture will automatically find the path to the rest of the files as well.

If that isn’t working, please provide some more information on how/when Aperture lost it’s path in the first place. Did you reinstall something, add some software, move some files, or ?? That’ll make troubleshooting a bit easier.

cheers,
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 10, 2010 - 2:35am

Warioda,

Colin’s advice is well worth looking at—is there a chance your drive is formatted FAT32?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Colin Purrington's picture
by Colin Purrington
June 23, 2010 - 5:39am

I lost 10s of thousands, too. I just noticed that Apple has a note on its site warning people not to store libraries on FAT32-formatted drives. That was my issue, I think.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness