You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
NIK color efex pro 4 shuts down in Aperture #1
Keith Foster's picture
by Keith Foster
July 18, 2012 - 3:35am

Does anyone know why NIK Color Efex Pro 4 shuts down in Aperture 3 ? every time I ask it to edit an image it shuts down Aperture?

Paul T's picture
by Paul T
July 18, 2012 - 9:35am

Hey Keith, I actually had better luck with it in Aperture than Lightroom, I can’t get it to work in LR4 at all. It’s actually AMAZING!!!!

Boy have they put some work into this, it’s a full on tutorial all the way thru. Thank god someone has finally created HDR software to help stop people creating fallen angels everywhere. Good luck getting it going, even if you’re not into HDR at all it’s definitely worth a look, it’s one very slick plug in.

Sorry Keith, ignore that, I just downloaded HDR Efex Pro 2 and it’s so good I thought I’d leave the post up

Michael Ball's picture
by Michael Ball
July 18, 2012 - 10:58am

By shuts down Aperture, do you mean as in Aperture crashing?

Few things I would try:
1. Restart your Mac.
2. Try repairing Permissions using Disk Utility
3. Try repairing your Aperture library. Check the FAQ for instructions on doing this.
4. If none of the above works, it’s a good idea to try to reset Aperture’s preferences.
To do that in Finder use the Go menu and (if you’re on Lion, hold the Option key) and select the Library. Go to the Preferences folder and make a copy of com.Apple.Aperture.plist (as a backup) and then delete the original and restart Aperture.
If that works, you’ll have a new set of Aperture preferences, and you can probably delete the backup, but if it doesn’t, put the backup back and post back and we’ll try something else.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness