You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
New Computer #1
Paul's picture
by Paul
March 1, 2014 - 4:02am

I have just got my new desktop and I need to transfer the setting from my MBP to the new computer.  I have custom metadata fields that I use to let me know what I have done to the image.  Is there a way I can import them from my MBP.

Thanks

Paul

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
March 2, 2014 - 6:16am

Under FAQ  look for How do I trash my preferences?  Only Do not Trash but COPY and transfer to new machine.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Paul's picture
by Paul
March 2, 2014 - 6:38am

Thanks

Paul

Paul's picture
by Paul
March 2, 2014 - 6:51am

Would the file com.apple.RegAperture.list be the same?

Paul

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
March 3, 2014 - 3:01pm

Paul  I accidentally  posted to you with wrong info.  But anything with a .plist  ending can be moved to the desktop or trash.   

To move your meta data go to the home Lib _ Application support _ Aperture.  that folder can be copied  and moved to your new computer.  sorry for the time lost.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
March 3, 2014 - 4:09pm

Custom metadata info is stored in the Library itself. Copy the Library to the new computer and that information will come with it. That information is unique to each Library. If you create a new Library, it won’t have any custom metadata fields.

If you export a project from Library ‘A’ that contains custom metadata fields into a new Library ‘B’, that new Library ‘B’ will have the custom metadata fields. If you then import Library ‘B’ into another Library ‘C’ that doesn’t have those (or any) custom metadata fields, the custom metadata fields from Library ‘B’ come over to Library ‘C’. This insures that any custom metadata stays with the images you export/import. I just confirmed this by testing it with Aperture 3.5.1.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
March 3, 2014 - 3:57pm

Thanks Walter.  

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Paul's picture
by Paul
March 4, 2014 - 7:45pm

Thanks

I will try that.

Paul

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?