You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nested folder structure when moving to referenced #1
jturn00's picture
by jturn00
February 20, 2013 - 1:43pm

Is it possible to have nested folders when moving to referenced files? I have my managed library setup so that each year is broken up by months. YYYY/MM then each month has projects based on the date the photos were taken. So for example for photos taken on 2012/ 12-December / December 12, 2012 (so december has multiple projects). I want to keep this structure but it appears that the move to referenced (using the folder/project name preset I made) dumps all the photos into the 11-November and 12-December folder and didn't put a parent folder for 2012. Can this be done or should I just export the projects without folders and then make my own?

jturn00's picture
by jturn00
February 22, 2013 - 11:48pm

Anyone have thoughts on how to mimic the nested folder structure when switching from managed to referenced? Right now it just put some things into folders and other in a main folder. I am trying to see if there is a way to have my nested folders (aperture structure) the same in the referenced folders. (It appears to do only one level right now).

Thoughts?

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
February 23, 2013 - 8:38pm

I seem to recall reading elsewhere that this was one limitation of Aperture. Moving from a Managed to a Referenced library would only create destination folders one level deep.

jturn00's picture
by jturn00
February 26, 2013 - 8:41am

Thanks!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?