You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Moving iPhoto Library Referenced in Aperture to Managed in Aperture #1
Andrea W.'s picture
by Andrea W.
April 6, 2013 - 10:00am

My main photo manager for the last several years is Aperture. However, when I first started using Aperture, I set up my prior iPhoto Library to be referenced in Aperture. I have all my Aperture photos, both managed and referenced organized and labeled the way I like.
Now, I would like to move the iPhoto referenced photos completely to Aperture, mainly to save HD space, but I do not want to have duplicates or have to reorganized my Aperture setup.
How do I accomplish this? Thanks for any help or advice!

Andrea W.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
April 7, 2013 - 2:12am

I think you are saying that you have an iPhoto lib and a Ap lib and want to merge them into one AP lib. It is possible to import the iPhoto lib into Ap, assuming you are current with all upgrades of both iPhoto and AP. The import of a lib can keep the referenced files where they all so its just the previews and metadata importing into AP. As for order of projects and events …. not sure. Each event in iPhoto I believe can be exported out of iPhoto and then imported by AP separately. Im not an iphoto person so hopefully someone can correct me if Ive miss spoken

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness