You are here

107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chris Busby's picture
by Chris Busby
May 24, 2015 - 11:28pm

Hi

sorry if this has been posted before,but I setup an external drive with Yosemite and Aperture just so i can always have access if i decide to continue updating the OS X.

I know newer cameras etc won’t be supported but at least it can still be used.

chris

John's picture
by John
July 27, 2015 - 11:16am

Hi there, it looks like you’re looking for a DAM system for personal use. You may check this photo management solution that’s cloud enabled, multiuser and built with the latest techs. just let me know if you need a demo or have a question.

Neil Youngson's picture
by Neil Youngson
July 31, 2015 - 6:09am

A couple of posters have stated that new cameras will not be supported by Aperture, but I don’t believe this is correct. RAW support on the Mac is built into the operating system and not into the Aperture application - this is why you can open RAW files in apps like Preview.

Apple will continue to provide RAW support for new cameras for the Photos app and those RAW profiles will be available to Aperture just as the existing ones are.

It also looks like Aperture will run fine under El Capitan, OS X 10.11 so those who want to continue using Aperture will be able to do so for several years to come.

Jojo's picture
by Jojo
July 31, 2015 - 8:52am

Neil Youngson said:

RAW support on the Mac is built into the operating system and not into the Aperture application - this is why you can open RAW files in apps like Preview.”

Yes and some people protest to that concept, although I doubt whether Apple will change their policy. Every OS update needs a compatibility check with all other applications running and some are bound to need upgrading or even substituting. Add the cost of the upgrades and the time spent learning the new or changed features and a new OS suddenly becomes something you no longer get excited about. I am just venting, I suppose.  

Sherwood's picture
by Sherwood
August 1, 2015 - 12:51am

Not so.  I was at Aperture 3.4 on Mountain Lion.  I upgraded to the current raw library which nominally supported my Nikon D7100, but that did not enable support in 3.4.  To get Aperture to support the new camera, I had to upgrade to 3.6.  (Numbers are recollection.  May be 3.2 and 3.4 respectively) 

enzofsilva's picture
by enzofsilva
March 30, 2017 - 4:00pm

Has anyone considered Zoner Photo Studio, Phototheca, ACDsee (ultimate), or even DigiKam?

I’ve been burned by the Aperture fiasco and experience with Lightroom’s structure of file trees, etc. is a bit complex at times. I want a simple, transparent DAM and editing workflow that will stick around and not get CANCELLED or too complex over time…

Pages

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness