You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Move Aperture to new computer #1
Jeroen's picture
by Jeroen
August 31, 2015 - 1:05pm

Dear all,

Now that Apple has deprecated Aperture, I think I have an issue buying a new Mac, as I, for the short term, want to continue with using Aperture. However, I think I cannot move it to my new computer, as it has been downloaded from the store, and it is not available anymore. Is this correct? Or does someone know a workaround?

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Alan Cairns's picture
by Alan Cairns
August 31, 2015 - 10:01pm

It will be listed under “Purchases” in the store.

Alan

Jeroen's picture
by Jeroen
September 11, 2015 - 1:44pm

Now that is a surprise! I know I have to move at a certain time to another DAM system, but for know I’d rather stick to Aperture. And I was sure it would not end up in the store, as it has been deprecated. Apparently I was wrong. Cool to hear! Thanks.

JimW's picture
by JimW
October 1, 2015 - 10:50pm

You have to be sure there is no current or later version of Aperture on any of the drives (volumes) mounted on your system. Otherwise the App Store will show it as Installed and report as able to “Open” as shown in the status button. You can place it in the Trash to hold it where the App Store cannot see it as a temporary measure (DON’T EMPTY THE TRASH) and it will show in the App Store list as a downloadable purchased item. Went through this process with a Senior Pro Apps rep at Apple and we finally got it to show up after I had unmounted all of the volumes I had Aperture (the application) installed or backed up on. For the record, I just bought and received a new Retina MacBook Pro 15” to be sure it had Yosemite on it, just in case of problems with El Capitan. Will be using Aperture as long as the four Macs I have will run it. Mac Pro 2012, 2013 nMP, and the new 15” and a 2011 17” MacBook Pro.

JimW

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness