You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Modifying place name ? #1
Hans Douma's picture
by Hans Douma
April 5, 2014 - 11:23am

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to change  a place name ? I have made an error in a place name and now I want to correct it, but I don’t see an option to rename a place anywhere. Would the only solution be to remove the place, add a new one and reassign the location ? I hope not!

Thans for helping me out here

Martin De's picture
by Martin De
April 5, 2014 - 9:05pm

Hi Hans,

Do you mean a place name in Places or the location in tbe IPTC fields?

Regards,
Martin

Greetz, Martin

Hans Douma's picture
by Hans Douma
April 6, 2014 - 12:54pm

Hi Martin,

I mean the name in Places, so in the window you see after clicking “Manage my places…”

Hans

Martin De's picture
by Martin De
April 7, 2014 - 7:36pm

Hi Hans, 

In  ”Manage may places” on the left you see the place you entered. When you click you the erroneous one its name will appears under the entry field under the map. There you can change it. Press Done and the pics have the correct place.  

Greetz, Martin

Hans Douma's picture
by Hans Douma
April 8, 2014 - 1:35pm

Thanks, Martin. Yes, that a works. Sad thing is, that if you do not have the pic’s selected that contain the wrong name, the location name of the pic you happen to have selected gets the changed name as well. In other words: changing the name via “Manage my places” does not simply just renames the place in the list of places (as one would expect) but it also changes the location name of the selected pic(s). Don’t know if this is “as designed”, but it’s confusing, to say the least.

Anyway, thanks for your help

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?