You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mobile Me Galleries #1
Wm Y's picture
by Wm Y
March 22, 2012 - 12:59pm

I have used both MobileMe galleries as well as SmugMug. My SmugMug account is expiring and my preference to move to a 100% Apple solution. The question is: will iCloud be an option for me as a place to share galleries in the future, given MobileMe is going away? I use Aperture and find the ease by which I can publish galleries to be straight forward and effective. What options will there be going forward?

Any quick assistance is appreciated as I need to make a SmugMug renewal decision asap.

Thanks in advance.

Wm.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 22, 2012 - 1:09pm

William,

Apple hasn’t announced any kind of gallery replacement for MobileMe, so I think the possibilities of an all-Apple solution aren’t looking good.

Flickr Pro is only $25 a year (I think that’s right) and I had heard that they were about to do a massive overhaul of the look to make it much more modern. Not sure if that’s rolling out slowly or what, but that’s always been my problem with Flickr—it looks like crap. But if they are changing that, it could be worth considering.

There’s also 500px which looks great, but it’s really just for your best stuff.

I love SmugMug and I do sell prints, and create password protected galleries for clients, so that’s why I’ll be keeping that.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness