You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Missing slides in an exported Aperture slideshow #1
martin tosh's picture
by martin tosh
November 16, 2014 - 1:46pm

I’ve exported an Aperture slide show with 138 pictures to my movies folder but when I play it with quicktime at least 20 of the photos don’t show. The sreen just goes black for three seconds and then continues with the next photo. I’m running the latest version of Aperture and Yosemite and I’ve made sure that the photos have have previews. I’ve tried re starts and library repairs but nothing seems to work, I must be missing something really silly maybe? The slideshow runs fine within Aperture, it’s only the exported version that has this problem. I hope someone can help me

rblim's picture
by rblim
November 16, 2014 - 8:12pm

I am having the same issue.  Randomly the missing pictures differ although several are always missing.   The transitions are present, but the image is missing and the durations are correct.  I have not found anything common among the missing images that changes the outcome.   

rblim's picture
by rblim
November 17, 2014 - 6:31am

An update….   I pulled out my stored OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks backup hard drive, installed it in my MacPro and booting from Mavericks using Aperture v3.5.1 successfully Exported my 16min, 340 image slideshow, in multiple versions (720P, 1080P, and AppleTV)  with no errors.   So the Aperture Library was fine.    Next I’ll attempt to boot Mavericks and upgrade Aperture to 3.6 and see if I can determine whether it’s an Aperture or a Yosemite issue.   If that works, next will be reinstalling Yosemite over the existing build and see what happens.

martin tosh's picture
by martin tosh
November 17, 2014 - 3:54pm

Thanks for the response, sounds like you are confidently able go to more technical lengths than I am comfortable with but I’d like to hear how it goes. If it’s a Yosemite issue I guess I’d just have to wait for an update but given the status of Aperture now I’m not sure whether or not Apple would fix this.
Perhaps I’ll have to look at third party slideshow applications if there are any

Tony D's picture
by Tony D
January 21, 2015 - 5:42pm

A quick google on ‘missing photos in Aperture slideshow’ led me here! Hooray for google eh?

I’ve having the same problem as others have written about. Just the odd picture that is missing here and there, whilst the music plays fine without any glitches. I’ve looked back at other slideshows I’ve created a while back and they seem fine.

I’m now using a new 5k Retina iMac with 5 core processor and Yosemite. I’ve now re-exported the same show three times, and the glitches are in different parts of the show? Has anyone made further progress on a solution for this issue?

If so, I’d love to know about it. Help!! I’d love to laugh but it’s not funny. I expect Mac’s to work without such frustrations. Stupid I know but hey, I’m an optimist!

Thanks, in advance, for any other members who can stop me pulling my remaining hair out!

Tony D

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?