I am currently migrating my image library from Aperture to Capture One. In a first wave, I was working like this:
1. On old iMac with Aperture, export a full year of picture as a new library
2. Copy the library to the new iMac
3. Import the library with C1.
No issue at all…
Now for the next years, I have some issues: size. 1 year would be too big for the remaining space on the iMac. I was therefore trying:
1.From old IMac with aperture, export the full year but directly writing it on the new iMac
2. Import in C1.
But in that case, I cannot start the import. It tells me that the library is already open. I confirm that the library is closed in aperture.
I have try the following:
1. restart both iMac
2. repair permissions with the Aperture library tool
3. close and reopen the library in Aperture (work ok)
None of this has helped…
Any idea what is going wrong?