You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Merging Libraries #1
Luftfeder's picture
by Luftfeder
January 3, 2015 - 5:03am

I have a few Libraries I made, let’s call them Soccer 2012, Soccer 2013 and Soccer 2014

Now I have decided I want to merge them into 1 Library… how do I do that with Aperture 3.6?

David

Milt Anglin's picture
by Milt Anglin
January 3, 2015 - 5:17pm

Walter Rowe answered this question February 6, 2014.

“Turns out this is easier than one could ever imagine. Open the Library you want to contain everything, use Finder to navigate to the Library you want to import/merge in, and simply drag-n-drop that Library into the open Aperture Library.”

Milt

Luftfeder's picture
by Luftfeder
January 5, 2015 - 2:44am

This worked like a charm. The reason I did not try this simple solution is because I first tried File/Import/Library… which did not work – it tried to merge them as if they were the same Library edited on different machines (you would expect the behavior to be for it to ask Add or Merge but for some reason in 3.6 it does not)

So when File/Import/Library did not work every which way I tried to do it I abandoned trying to try things… If I had only tried the simple drag and drop!!

Thank y ou

David

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
January 3, 2015 - 11:59pm

You can also double-click the library file you want to merge in the Finder and Aperture will ask whether you want to Switch to it or Merge it. Answer Merge if that’s what you want. (This assumes you already have a different library open in Aperture. If Aperture is not open when you double-click a library in the Finder, it will just open as the new default library in Aperture.)

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?