You are here

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Memory?? #1
Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
December 13, 2011 - 2:04am

Hi,
I have an iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. I bought it with only the 4 GB of memory. With adding all my pictures and Aperture is running much slower then with I first got the machine. My question is, what company has the best memory, product and price? Thanks so much,

Bob

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
December 13, 2011 - 2:24am

i do not know about price but i would recommend crucial.

i upgraded my mac from 2gb to 8gb with their system scanner and it was such a piece of cake to get the right ram and order it via them.

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
December 27, 2011 - 1:55am

Wow, What a difference!! After installing the memory, which was sooooo easy by the way, my computer is like brand spanking new again. I went right to Aperture and opened a raw file, did some adjustments, went into ColorefexPro4 and Boom, right back into Aperture and done!!

I replaced the existing 2- 2gb cards with 4- 4gb cards for a total of 16gb. Super Nice!!

I have 2 - 2gb memory cards for sale, cheap!!

Bob

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 27, 2011 - 4:18pm

Bob,

Awesome! I’m wondering if I should push my iMac from 8GB to 16GB… it’s only $91 to do it… amazing.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
December 27, 2011 - 11:37pm

I would Joseph. When I saw the prices I couldn’t believe it! I figured I’d do it once and be done!!

Bob

Dan Donovan's picture
by Dan Donovan
January 4, 2012 - 9:34am

I just went from 4gb to 12 gb and the speed boost is VERY nice! It cost me $50 from OWC.

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
December 14, 2011 - 8:53am

Thanks,
I checked it out. Looks good. I went ahead and Maxed my computer out on memory. It’s so cheap these day, this way I won’t have to worry about it any more.

Bob

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
December 17, 2011 - 8:34am

Wow, they are quick too!! I received the memory today!!

Bob

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 22, 2011 - 5:46am

Nice Bob!

So how’s the system running now? Nice and speedy?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
December 22, 2011 - 11:39pm

Unfortunately I won’t get a chance to install it until this weekend!!! I will definitely post the results though!!

Bob

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
December 23, 2011 - 12:10am

I noticed a massive difference, I did a jump from 2gb to 8gb and it was like buying a new mac.

One thing to look out for on the app store is an app called free memory (I think it is called that) It is free from the app store and it is handy to have running should you require to give the memory a bit of a clean out while you are running aperture.

When I get home I will post a link to it.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?