You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Managed library from photos on EHD? #1
Debbie's picture
by Debbie
May 18, 2010 - 4:37pm

Hi… I’m new to A3 and just trying to figure it out. I have 3 questions:

1. I’ve always used iPhoto and am comfortable with a managed library. I’d like to know if I can have a managed library in A3 if A3 is installed on my internal HD, but my photos are all on an EHD? I don’t want to import the photos back to my main HD because they take too much space. Will importing my photos from the EHD to A3 put the photos back on my internal drive?

2. Does it matter if A3 is running in 64 bit mode, if my iMac (Snow Leopard) is only running in 32 bit mode? I’m confused about this whole subject.

3. The very first photo I tried to import to A3 just to play around with looked fine in preview mode, but was corrupted in full edit or full screen mode. Half the photo was okay, the other half was just a bunch of weird lines and pixels. That wasn’t the best way to begin my A3 experience. I deleted it and re-imported it, but got the same thing. It was a full size jpeg that looked fine in iPhoto. What do you suppose happened, and why did it happen twice?

TIA!

~Debbie

Milt Anglin's picture
by Milt Anglin
May 18, 2010 - 11:58pm

Question 1: You can put your managed library on the EHD. I keep mine there.

Question 2: I am running a MBP with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and have no problem with A3.

Question 3: Never used iPhoto so I have no idea what the problem would be.

Milt

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?