You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Loupe magnification goes crazy. I vote bug? #1
Rob Phelan's picture
by Rob Phelan
March 25, 2014 - 1:37pm

Hi gang, while I’m going through my browser view in Aperture, I often use the tilde key to bring up the loupe. I use the non-centered loupe (the kind that looks like a text bubble coming off your cursor) but every few times I bring it up, it comes up zoomed ALL the way in, so I’m looking at about 4 pixels.  I adjust the zoom back to something more manageable (Command-Shift-Minus) and then move on. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time I bring it up, it remembers the zoom level I had it on. The 5th time (or 6th, or 2nd, or 3rd depending on how it’s feeling that day) Aperture resets the loupe zoom to the maximum level again.

It’s really quite frustrating in a fast-paced workflow to have to go back and Command-Shift-Minus every few times I use the loupe. Have any of you seen this issue? I’ve experienced it since Aperture 3.0 on multiple different machines.

I’ve done all the usuals, trashed preferences, and used completely new Aperture installations on completely different machines and still get it. I’m hoping someone out there has come across this and found a fix!

Thanks guys,

-Rob

#nofilter before anyone knew what it meant.

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
March 27, 2014 - 12:52am

Sounds like a bug. Report it to Apple.

Rob Phelan's picture
by Rob Phelan
March 27, 2014 - 11:14pm

True, but I was hoping to see if anyone else was experiencing the issue as well. Given the number of systems that have been affected by the issue, I can’t imagine I’m the only one.

Jason's picture
by Jason
March 28, 2014 - 3:43am

You aren’t the only one Rob. I’ve experienced this for quite some time - I just don’t know of a fix.

Dennis's picture
by Dennis
March 31, 2014 - 1:53am

Hi Rob, I have seen this behavior several times as well. My Aperture version is 3.5.1 and I’m using the loop in a way that it stays on one place and magnifies at my cursor point. I have not been able to find a way to reproduce this. It is very annoying! Dennis

IDEMI Photography | www.idemi.nl

Rob Phelan's picture
by Rob Phelan
March 31, 2014 - 8:33pm

Nice to know I’m not the only one who’s experienced this! I’ve submitted a bug report to Apple. Maybe they’ll fix it with Aperture 4 ;)

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness