You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lost ability to copy to iPad, Apple TV etc #1
Neville van Eerten's picture
by Neville van Eerten
October 18, 2014 - 7:14am

HI folks.

I decided to use Relocate Originals to put my  files onto a thunderbolt drive.

When I did that I lost the ability to have my photos on either iOS or Apple TV except for my 2014 folder. So I consolidated the files back ingot their albums, except for my RAW files.

However I have been unable to send them to my iOS devices or Apple TV or even the screen saver on my laptop.

I repair library etc, but that has made no difference.

My albums are stored under events, under iPhoto library (I do not have iPhoto on my Mac

Does anybody have any ideas please?

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
October 19, 2014 - 12:39pm

Neville

I am confused! 

If you relocate original that will move the RAWs to another file structure. If you consolidate them that will move them back into the library.

So can you say a little more about how you “consolidated the files back ingot their albums, except for my RAW files”

Did you relocate files manually rather than using relocate originals / consolidate originals?

d.

by Neville van Eerten
October 19, 2014 - 9:41pm

HI David,

Thank you for your reply. I relocated originals to the hard drive. Because I could no longer access them from my devices, my thinking was, why not just consolidate the albums back onto my computer and not the raw files which are stored separately (but in the same library).

Regards

Neville

by Neville van Eerten
October 19, 2014 - 9:44pm

Looking at my post it may still be confusing…

I have left my raw files that are not this years on the hard drive as relocated originals as projects. The finished product I have put back onto my computer as albums

by Neville van Eerten
October 20, 2014 - 1:29am

Problem solved.

Deleting previews then Generating new previews has fixed the problem  (Windows Option Update previews)

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness