You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lose Exposure settings when changing images #1
John Boyd's picture
by John Boyd
April 18, 2013 - 10:18pm

I asked about this problem recently and thought it was solved. It wasn't. I've suddenly lost the Exposure pane as a permanent active setting. I click on it in the Add Adjustments and it comes up fine. But as soon as I call up another image to work on, it's no longer available until I go back to Add Adjustments and recall it again.
I tried DBM's advice of recalling the setting and then turning off Aperture, then turning it back on, and it works–but only for that one image. As soon as I bring up another image, I have to go back to Add Adjustments to call up Exposure again. Very frustrating!

John Boyd's picture
by John Boyd
April 19, 2013 - 8:11am

DBmoore–Great stuff. Your advice worked. I just trashed the cache folder and didn’t need to search for the Plist. I’ve played around with Aperture now for 30 minutes or so, turned it off and on again and the Exposure pane hasn’t disappeared once. Thanks so much.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
April 19, 2013 - 9:18am

Hey I got one right! Alert the pros

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
April 18, 2013 - 11:11pm

Hey John

Well let me try another idea. Check out the FAQ on this site for removing Cache and Plist or preference files. They will be in different areas and I think there are three. Remove them to the desktop and re-boot the machine. One of the files on your desktop has your import presets and other items you have saved.. so hang on to them and put back one at a time if you like, testing for the exposure brick problem each time.

I suppose you could log on the computer as a different person and see if the problem is still there. If it is then you need to reinstall Aperture.

good luck dbm

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness