You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
iWatermark changing image resolution ? #1
MAURICE OROZCO's picture
by MAURICE OROZCO
December 24, 2010 - 9:52am

When I had windows, I was using a watermark program ( very easy to use ) and my pictures were not loosing sharpness. Now that I am using iWatermark, I am reluctant to use it because my pictures loose sharpness after I watermark them. What I need to do to avoid this or do we have any other program compatible with Apple better than iWatermark that allow to easily stamp my signature without loosing image resolution ? This is very important because I am on my way to become a professional photographer and I need to watermark my pictures without loosing any sharpness at all and have something more professional in my pictures than the iWatermark allow me to have. Please help !!

Ian Eisenberg's picture
by Ian Eisenberg
December 24, 2010 - 3:24pm

Why not just use the watermarking feature in Aperture or you can use the plugin “Impression”
http://bluecrowbar.com/impressionaperture/

MAURICE OROZCO's picture
by MAURICE OROZCO
December 25, 2010 - 3:15am

I’ll be more than happy to use it Ian if you are so kind to teach me. How do you that ?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 28, 2010 - 3:18am

Maurice,

Essentially, to use the watermark feature in Aperture, all you have to do is create your watermark (logo, copyright, whatever) in an image editing app like Photoshop (there are loads of cheaper or even free apps out there, too) and save it as a .PNG with transparency. Then in Aperture’s Export settings, modify a preset to include the watermark, where you can choose the transparency level and the position of it, too.

To be honest some experimentation will be necessary, and I’ve found it best to create multiple watermarks at various sizes for common outputs, as Aperture’s scaling on these can leave a lot to be desired.

I’ll try to do a post on this soon. It’s a commonly asked about topic. But those are the basic steps—with some experimentation, I’m sure you’ll find an adequate solution. There is a good chapter on this in the user guide, as well.

cheers
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness