You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
iTunes 11 retains a bit of color ... #1
Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
November 30, 2012 - 10:20am

Apple released iTunes 11 today. What surprised me the most was they retained the traditional color icons for the sidebar (the sidebar is hidden by default, you can turn it on from the View drop down in the Menu bar). This being a departure from other apps and OS releases of late.

Since this is Apple's most recent release … I wonder if we will see a return of the color icons in Aperture, iPhoto or even the Finder in future updates or releases.

Thoughts?

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
November 30, 2012 - 6:07pm

I was not a fan of the bland colourless icons then it grew on me, now I do not like the colour being back in the icons.

I wish they would just make up their minds.

Do not forget there is also an update for Apple TV Gen 2 & 3 as well as the iOS remote app which adds support for iTunes 11.

gfsymon's picture
by gfsymon
November 30, 2012 - 8:03pm

Yes Butch, I noticed that too.

Funnily enough, just yesterday, I had occasion to launch Aperture 3.2.4 in an old OS install and the first thing that jumped out at me was the colour icons, plus the size of them (big). I think there are valid arguments for and against. I like, in Aperture now, that the focus is on the images and your eye is not distracted by colour outside the ‘canvas’. OTOH, Much as I like the clean UI in the Finder as well, the implementation in iTunes 11 is nicely done.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness